ABBF – BCA Spring Meeting, ECM and IUCr Bursaries
Bursaries are available for the major crystallographic meetings including the BCA Spring Meeting, ECM’s and IUCr’s Deadlines for these are published nearer to the meetings. The deadline for IUCr bursaries is 26th May 2017.
ABBF – General Bursaries
Bursaries to attend other crystallographic related meetings are also available. Details will appear on the website or in Crystallography News. Applications will only be considered for meetings/conferences, which begin at least six weeks after the deadlines. This allows time to process applications.
**NEXT DEADLINE: 26th May 2017 for conferences beginning July 2017 onwards**.
Approximate bursary review schedule: End Jan, End May, End Sept
Eligibility and Conditions for ABBF sponsorship
- The bursaries are primarily intended to support bona fide research students and postdoctoral workers who are BCA members. Applications from those with more senior non-tenured positions, and from those in junior permanent positions where university or industrial funds are unavailable, may be supported at the discretion of the BCA Bursary Committee if BCA funds are available.
- Applicants must normally have been a member of the BCA for 3 months before applying.
- Applicants will not normally be considered if they have been awarded a general bursary in the previous two years.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have attended a BCA meeting and also if they are contributing with a talk or poster.
- Applications must be received at least 6 weeks before the date of the meeting/visit. No retrospective applications are possible.
- The recipient must contribute an article about the meeting to be published in the immediately ensuing edition of Crystallography News. Details and deadlines will be communicated on notification of the successful bursary allocation. Those failing to meet this requirement will forfeit the bursary allocation for themselves and may jeopardise future bursaries for their research group(s).