Membership renewal and/or update your details
The BCA is a UK registered charity founded in 1982 to advance the education of the public in the science of crystallography, particularly within the British Isles. We invite you to join our 1000+ membership. Some Benefits of Individual Membership are:
- The BCA is the professional organisation for crystallographers in the UK.
- Comprehensive schedule of UK meetings, including the Annual BCA Meeting each Spring, plus one-day meetings and workshops organised by the various subject groups.
- Avoid non-member supplements for meetings organised under BCA auspices.
- After 6 months of membership, students and postdocs can apply for an Arnold Beevers Bursary award for attendance at any relevant scientific meeting.
- A copy of Crystallography News every quarter: full of crystallographic news and information, product information, meeting reports, job listings, etc.
- A discounted society rate (for 2013: US$45/£25/€36) for all 4 issues of Crystallography Reviews is available for BCA Members. Details are on the Taylor and Francis subscription page.
- Receive optional and occasional E-mail notifications of news items and meeting information.
- Have your say in the development of crystallography, and nominate and vote for BCA Officers, Council Members and subject-group Committee Members, or even stand for office yourself!
Simply download and print out and complete a copy of the membership-form, and return by post to the BCA Administrative Office with your payment. If you would like to pay by direct debit, please use the direct debit form. If you are paying by credit card you can also submit your application by Fax.
Please consider adding a donation which goes directly to “good works” and helps keep membership fees low which is of particular benefit to our younger members. Please take a moment to look at gift aid: you may be able to make the fee worth even more!
If you require any assistance, then please contact the BCA Administrative Office.
Individual Membership Subscription Rates
Membership runs from 1st January to 31st December each year. If you join between 30th September and 31st December you will be enrolled for the following year. Applications processed before the December edition of Crystallography News is posted out will, subject to availability, receive a complimentary copy of the newsletter! If you join between 1st January and 30th September you will be enrolled for the remainder of that year.
(A) Standard Membership Subscription Rates
Note that concessions are available to students, the unemployed, and our retired members only.
|Membership Grade||Fee (by Cheque/CC/Direct Debit)|
(B) Only for Student Members – Four Year Term payment £50.00
Postgraduate students are strongly encouraged to join for the whole period of their PhD training and this option is designed to make this easier.
(C) Only for Overseas Members – Five Year Term payment £150.00 (in GBP)
This recognises the difficulty and cost associated with our valued overseas members making payment in pounds sterling. Note that payment by credit card is the best option for overseas members.
Details on Corporate Membership are given elsewhere.
Payment must be in Pounds Sterling (GBP) and cheques must be drawn on a UK bank. Payment by Credit Card (CC) is the best option for our overseas members.
Members names, addresses, and details of their choice of BCA Groups and date of payment of subscriptions are held in a computer database, to simplify our membership records and for the mailing of Crystallography News.
Members can check details of their entry in the BCA database at any time by contacting the BCA Administrative Office, or interactively at the Annual Spring Meeting.
See the corporate membership page.
See the honorary membership page.